When I dug deeper I found out that Liebster Award is no “real” award, no judges, no special rules and exists only on internet. No going up on the stage and thanking a bunch of people (I wish 😀 ) Just a fun way to acknowledge the fellow bloggers. It’s like life – it’s what you want it to be and I think it’s wonderful way to connect and discover new blogs. If you receive the nomination, you accept (or not) it and pass it along. It’s that easy or so I thought!
I did learn German for 2 years but google also always helps me out with translations 🙂 The word “liebster” means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, valued, cute. So it’s the Nice and Sweet Award 🙂
I got nominated by Debra, you’ll find her food blog here – CandyCoatedCulinista. She has a very inspiring cooking blog, she always picks the most complicated recipes in my opinion and does great with them. I really wish I had more patients like that 🙂 I usually pick the easy way out. Unless it’s something very very tasty then I can spend hours in our tiny kitchen.There are Rules:
Although I’m not sure who is actually making sure that we follow them 🙂 Anyways…..
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you – Thank you Deborah!
2. Answer the questions you were given – I love Q&A
3. Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers – how can you tell how many followers somebody has? I apologize to blog owners who I nominated and who have more than 500 followers.
4. Post questions for your selected nominees to answer – easiest part!
5. Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated and appreciate their hard work – Will do
This blog entry was really hard work. Tougher than my cooking will ever be 🙂
We run this blog together, me and my husband. But since he mostly takes pictures, I will take the honor and answer the Questions 🙂 He will have his opportunity to do so!
1. If you could live one other place in the world, besides where you currently reside where would it be and why? Answer: Sounds familiar 🙂 I have actually done it. I moved to Canada 5 years ago and now I don’t really have any other place I want to be.
2. What book(s) are you reading right now? Answer: Right now I’m going through Louise Hay “The power is within you”.
3. Something you achieved that you thought could never happen (it can be simple or major)? Answer: Last week I started a Kind cycle with my thank you letter to magazine editors. It was an awesome feeling when they let me know this 😉 The best ever.
4. How would your friends describe you? Answer: Lucky, happy, sweet
5. What is your go to song to put you in that happy mood? Answer: Lately I like Britney Spears, Piece of me
6. One thing you would like to try that you have never before? Answer: Real Indian and Thai food. Because of my allergies I can not.
7. What makes you laugh? Answer: My husband and a 2 year old girl that I see once in a while 😉 oh….and our dog Missy does silly stuff sometimes.
8. What food always takes you back to your childhood and why? Answer: Potato salad with wieners. It was THE meal for the birthday parties in Estonia. I have continued this tradition.
9. The one thing you can’t live without? Answer: My Blackberry. I admit it.
10. One goal you are working to achieve? Answer: Get up to 500 followers on TorontoCooks. And I am secretly praying for an acting gig 🙂
11. A food you can’t live without and a food you can’t stand? Answer: I dislike relish. Also peanut butter since I ate tons of it when I first moved here and now can’t even stand the smell 🙂 There is no such food that I absolutely can’t live without.
12. What is one thing you wished you continued when you were younger that you didn’t, and are kicking yourself about today? Answer: Playing piano. I wish….
EMPTY SPOT – Nominate Yourself If you are a new blog owner!
My Questions :
1. What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
2. What is your favourite holiday and why?
3. Would you want to be invisible for a day and what would you do?
4. ebook or a real book?
5. Do you have a favourite designer?
6. Describe your perfect first date.
7. Who is the most important person in your life?
8. Who would you wanna be in your next lifetime?
9. What’s your favourite website/blog?
10. If you won a lottery for 1 million dollars, what would you do?
11. Is there a vegetable that you dislike?
12. Phone call, e-mail or text message?
I tried to have as much fun with this as I could and I think this will give you a better idea of ” Who is writing this blog and what is she thinking”!
And now I can get back to writing my next blog entry – “Quinoa and Swiss Chard patties”. Oh so delicious!